Windows 10 is familiar and easy to use, with lots of similarities to Windows 7 including the Start menu. It starts up and resumes fast, has more built-in security to help keep you safe, and is designed to work with software and hardware you already have.
Windows 10 comes with great built-in apps4 like Maps, Photos, Mail & Calendar, Music, Movies & TV. And these apps use OneDrive to back up your information and sync seamlessly across your Windows 10 devices, so you’re never far from what you need.
Existing differentiated management and security features
- Device Encryption (Requires InstantGo or device that passes the “Device Encryption Requirements Test”)
- Domain Join
- Group Policy Management
- BitLocker (Requires TPM 1.2 or greater)
- Enterprise Mode Internet Explorer (EMIE)
- Assigned Access 8.1
- Remote Desctop
- Client Hyper-V
- Enhanced management features to empower device and app management and deployment
- Side-loading of line of business apps
- Mobile device management
- Ability to join Azure Active Directory, with single sign-on to cloud hosted apps (Separate license for Azure Active Directory required)
- Windows Store for Organizations (coming later)
- Easy Upgrade from Pro to Enterprise Edition
- Delivers critical security capabilities, system and app updates, and the compatibility you need to secure your devices and infrastructure from modern threats
- Microsoft Passport
- Enterprise Data Protection (coming later)
- Stay up to date with Windows
- Windows Update
- Windows Update for Business
- Current Branch for Business
Do things confidently.
Windows 10 was developed using feedback from millions of people, so you can feel confident that Windows 10 works the way you want it to. Additionally, Windows 10 helps you stay current for a worry-free experience with the greatest features and our latest protection against viruses, phishing and malware.
A web that works the way you do.
The all-new browser is great for getting things done online. Write or type directly on webpages and easily share the mark-ups; you’ll also like reading online articles free of distractions. The address bar gives you personalized recommendations to get you quickly to your online destination.
Take your gaming further.
Great Xbox titles, the best of Xbox Live, and your Xbox community, achievements, and game collection via the Xbox app. You can even use your Xbox Controller and stream Xbox One games on your home Windows 10 PC, laptop, or tablet.
Do things across your devices.
Take your movies, music, and photos with you across all your devices with OneDrive. Plus, with OneDrive, you get 15GB of free storage space included.
Do things magically.
Cortana is your truly personal digital assistant who learns more about you over time. Cortana works across all your devices, from phone to tablet to PC, to help you do more and forget less.
Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
- Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS, 20 GB for 64-bit OS
- Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
- Display: 800×600